Treat yourself to this thick, creamy, nutritious, and delicious smoothie. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you :)
This smoothie contains two of my favorite thickeners, banana and avocado, making for one creamy smoothie. Add in a few berries and spices for a tasty treat you may need to spoon out of your blender it’s so thick and creamy.
Here are the many health benefits this healthy smoothie imparts.
- Antioxidants: the berries and banana offer plenty of free radical scavenging antioxidants.
- Anti-Inflammatory: the avocado and the spices help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Weight Loss: stay satiated for hours with this filling smoothie.
- Good Eye: avocado, banana, and berries support the health of your eyes.
- Good Heart: both avocado and banana provide cardiovascular protection.
- Good Digestion: eliminate and assimilate (key nutrients) with ease.
- Healthy Fat: the avocado provides all important healthy fat for your brain, skin, hair, nails and to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Healthy Bones: the nutrients in this smoothie combine to help build strong bones.
- Anti-Cancer: the avocado, berries, and spices help prevent cancer.
There you have it, the epitome of a healthy smoothie. By incorporating one or more of the add-ons you can take the nutrition of this smoothie up another level or two.
I find the spices really add a nice flavor, and I used frozen blueberries if you’re wondering. You may need to add a little more liquid if your blender isn’t powerful enough to blend through this thick concoction. Enjoy!
Avocado Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado, seed removed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries of your choice (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to further sweeten
- 1 cup green leafy vegetable of choice
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1 serving of your preferred protein powder
- 1 tablespoon maca
Place the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 306
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 21g
- Vitamin C: 45% RDA
- Vitamin K: 27% RDA
- Calcium: 7% RDA
- Iron: 8% RDA
Please leave a comment below if you try this tasty avocado banana berry smoothie. Happy Blending!