Mango time! Tickle your taste buds with this simple, yet flavorful and nutritious mango yogurt smoothie.
It seemed like it took an eternity for the mangoes I received in a recent Door to Door Organics delivery to ripen. Once they did, I went to town. There were many parties in my mouth including one from this smoothie :)
Not only are mangoes delicious, they impart some nice health benefits as well. Those health benefits include:
- Boosts your immune system
- Alkalizing effect on the body
- Good for your skin (internally and externally)
- Promote good eyesight
- Contain health promoting antioxidants
- Support healthy digestion
- Support healthy cholesterol levels
One ripe mango renders about one cup of mango. The recipe below calls for 1/2 cup mango. Feel free to use the full cup. I didn’t because the sugar content would have been higher than I like.
There are a bunch of add-ons listed to take this smoothie in several different directions depending on your preferences and what you have on hand. However, I didn’t include a single add-on and it was quite tasty. Opt for a plain, whole milk or full fat-yogurt. I used a plain, homemade yogurt. Greek yogurt is also a good option. Enjoy!
Mango Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango
The Optional Add-ons
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or mixed berries
- 1 cup spinach, kale, or other leafy green
- 1 serving of your preferred protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten
Place all of the ingredients into your blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 23g
- Vitamin A: 23% RDA
- Vitamin C: 52% RDA
- Calcium: 31% RDA
- Iron: 1% RDA
I’d love to know if you try this mango yogurt smoothie and how you liked it. Please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!