My local CSA had fresh rosemary this week and I couldn’t wait to use some in another smoothie, and smell its beautiful aroma :) My first rosemary smoothie was a huge success and oh so delicious!
I’ve been using rosemary more and more in the kitchen and felt somewhat validated last week while listening to an interview with esteemed herbalist Susun Weed. She mentioned many of rosemary’s wonderful qualities, in particular its antioxidant potency. I actually dug up this article by Susan for those interested in her take – Now Remember Rosemary.
Consider rosemary one of my favorite herbs!
Besides being an antioxidant powerhouse, rosemary is known for the following health benefits:
- Improved memory and concentration
- Energizing and mood enhancing
- Antibacterial & Antifungal
- Digestive aid
- Improved circulation
- Muscle pain relief
- Immune system booster
- Migraine relief
- Liver friendly
I’ve been using fresh rosemary, but have some drying out as I type this for use in future smoothies and culinary adventures. Rosemary is like most herbs, you can add it to just about any smoothie. Play around with it.
This smoothie is a bit smaller than normal and more of a snack than a meal replacement. Although you can beef it up with a banana, additional greens, and whatever else you have on hand. Enjoy!
Raspberry Rosemary Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or blackberries
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon honey to sweeten
- 3-5 ice cubes (optional)
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 cup spinach, kale, or other leafy green
- 1 serving of your preferred protein or green superfood powder
- 1 tablespoon maca, cacao, spirulina, coconut oil, or any other superfood you have on hand
Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 21g
- Vitamin A: 3% RDA
- Vitamin C: 66% RDA
- Calcium: 4% RDA
- Iron: 6% RDA
I’d love to know if you tried this raspberry rosemary smoothie – please do tell in the comments below. Happy Blending!