Here’s a delicious smoothie for all you berry lovers. The three berries that comprise this smoothie recipe are blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. All three combine for an antioxidant powerhouse.
The primary free radical-scavengers found in all three berries are vitamin C and manganese, which are critical antioxidants for protecting the body’s tissue from oxygen-related damage. You’ll also get a good serving of heart-healthy fiber from this smoothie.
I prefer using frozen (organic whenever possible) berries in my smoothies, but fresh are just as good. This recipe doesn’t mandate all three berries, substituting in pineapple or mango is just fine. Now to the recipe for this tasty treat. Enjoy!
Triple Berry Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup water (can substitute your preferred milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-5 ice cubes for a thicker consistency
- A little stevia, honey, or maple syrup to sweeten
- 1/4 inch ginger, peeled and minced or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 serving of your favorite protein powder (chocolate – berry is delicious)
Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 22g
- Vitamin C: 109% RDA
- Vitamin K: 26% RDA
- Calcium: 4% RDA
- Iron: 5% RDA
I would love to know if you try this triple berry fruit smoothie – please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!