Bee pollen is another wonderfully nutritious superfood that goes well in just about every smoothie. You can blend it, or sprinkle on top of your smoothies like candy, my preferred way :)
These nutritious golden granules are not only smoothie worthy, you can top your desserts with them, add to salad dressings, sprinkle on cereals, salads, and yogurts, add to trail mixes, and otherwise incorporate them into your diet in many other creative ways.
By now you’re probably wondering what’s so special about bee pollen. Let me tell you!
Bee pollen is one of the most complete foods found in nature with the following attributes and health benefits.
- High in free radical scavenging antioxidants
- Helps with allergies by reducing the production of histamine
- Aphrodisiac and fertility promoter
- Improves athletic performance – increases in speed, energy, strength, endurance, and quicker recovery times are often experienced by athletes who consume bee pollen regularly
- Shown to help with anemia, colitis, constipation, asthma, sinusitis, and bronchitis
- Is about 25% protein and contains all the essential amino acids
- Rich in B vitamins that help reduce stress and promote longevity
- High in other vitamins and minerals
There’s something special, or almost magical, about the bee products. Honey, royal jelly, propolis, and bee pollen are all potent superfoods in my book.
Feel free to blend the bee pollen with the rest of the smoothie ingredients or sprinkle on top, and optionally stir into your masterpiece. Enjoy!
Blissful Bee Pollen Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup milk (almond, coconut, hemp, raw milk)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A little honey, stevia, or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon maca, cacao, spirulina, aloe, hemp, or any other superfood you have on hand
Place these lovely ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 23g
- Vitamin A: 10% RDA
- Vitamin C: 45% RDA
- Calcium: 32% RDA
- Iron: 10% RDA
I’d love to know if you tried this blissful bee pollen smoothie – please do tell in the comments below. Happy Blending!