I woke up this morning with two things on my mind, kombucha and kale. Yes, I know, I’m a little different ;)
You see, my latest batch of kombucha made with white and green chia tea is absolutely delicious, and the Redbor kale from my CSA is so beautiful and scrumptious. It’s no wonder I had dreams of these wonderful goodies.
Kombucha and kale on their own is a winning combo, but not that delicious. Enter fellow blender buddies avocado, frozen wild blueberries, coconut oil, cinnamon, and honey and you’ve got one tasty nutrient dense smoothie.
With kombucha you’re getting the all important friendly flora or probiotics paramount to a healthy digestive system and overall good health. If you’re new to kombucha, check out my first smoothie featuring this fermented health elixir, Blueberry Coconut Kombucha Smoothie.
One of the more nutritious greens, kale is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Is there an easier way to get a nice serving of greens into your day than via smoothies? I think not.
You can go a few different directions with this smoothie. If you use an avocado to thicken and blueberries as your frozen fruit you’ll definitely want to add an ample amount of sweetener. For those using more sweet fruit you won’t need much sweetener, if any. Enjoy!
Kale Kombucha Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup kombucha (homemade or store bought – I like GT’s Kombucha)
- 1 cup kale leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 avocado or 1 fresh or frozen banana (whichever you prefer to thicken with)
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit of your choice (blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, papaya, strawberries, peaches, mangoes, etc)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (substitute stevia or maple syrup)
- 1 cup spinach – super green smoothie
- 1/4 inch ginger, peeled and minced or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of one or all of the following: maca, cacao, spirulina, aloe, hemp, or any other superfood you have on hand
Place all of these lovely ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 22g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 18g
- Vitamin A: 36% RDA
- Vitamin C: 61% RDA
- Vitamin K: 186% RDA
- Calcium: 5% RDA
- Iron: 6% RDA
I’d love to know if you tried this kale kombucha green smoothie – please tell in the comments below. Happy Blending!
Comments are closed.