I’m back with another rich, frothy, chocolatey, peanut buttery elixir :)
What would I do without these warm drinks when the temps are cold and the snow is flying?
This recipe is similar to some of my other elixir recipes except for one little twist – the addition of peanut butter. The peanut butter adds a little body and provides a nice dose of protein.
Here are a few benefits of including peanut butter in your elixirs (and smoothies):
- As already mentioned a good source of protein
- Good source of healthy fats
- Helps you lose weight (keeps you feeling full and less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks)
- Heart friendly
- Rich in fiber
- High in potassium and a good source of magnesium and vitamin E
Any nut butter can be used in place of peanut butter. The other nut butters have similar nutritional profiles. I used green tea. Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Elixir Recipe
- 1 cup of warm to hot tea
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon honey to sweeten
The Optional Add-ons
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cashews or walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon maca
- 1 tablespoon gelatin or 1 serving protein powder
- 1 tablespoon colostrum powder
Place all the ingredients into your high-speed blender followed by the tea and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and frothy.
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 4% RDA
- Vitamin C: 0% RDA
- Calcium: 3% RDA
- Iron: 8% RDA
I’d love to know if you try this chocolate peanut butter elixir and how you liked it. Please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!