If I could only use one word to describe this smoothie it would be: nourishing.
Nothing feels more nourishing to me than bone broth. The more I learn about this traditional superfood the more I understand why it’s so deeply nourishing.
IMO, bone broth is right at the top of the list of critical things missing from the average diet, which is why I created this smoothie recipe so you can more easily get it into your diet.
The health benefits of bone broth are numerous. Here are a few of them:
- Beautiful skin
- Supports healthy bones, joints, nails, and hair
- Improved digestion
- Helps alleviate and even eliminate some digestive disorders
- Good for your liver
- Helps you sleep better
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals
For more information on this nourishing and wonderful superfood, which sits atop my list of superfoods, please see my article:
Like elixirs, this is a warm smoothie that’s particularly nice in colder months.
This smoothie is not as sweet as most of my recipes. However, you can change that by adding your sweetener of choice. Vanilla yogurt provided enough sweetness for me. Enjoy!
Bone Broth Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup warm to hot bone broth
- 1/3 avocado
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 raw, pastured egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ginger spice
- A dash of sea salt
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
The Optional Add-ons
- Additional 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- Anything else healthy you have on hand
Place all of the ingredients into your blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 431
- Fat: 37g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 7g
- Vitamin A: 13% RDA
- Vitamin C: 91% RDA
- Calcium: 35% RDA
- Iron: 11% RDA
I’d love to know if you try this bone broth smoothie and how you liked it. Please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!