The Chunky Monkey is a pretty popular smoothie with many different recipe variations. Below you’ll find my preferred (healthy) version. As is the case with any smoothie recipe, feel free to play with the ingredients and proportions.
A quick tip on using frozen bananas in your smoothie. Peel and break your bananas into smaller chunks, and then place those chunks into a big zip lock baggie before tossing into the freezer. I usually do this for 4 to 5 bananas at a time.
Chocolate Chunky Monkey Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 frozen medium banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (substitute your preferred nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder (optional)
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 1/3 cup plain vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes or shreds
Place all of the ingredients into your blender and blend on high for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 264
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 17g
- Sugar: 16g
- Vitamin A: 10% RDA
- Vitamin C: 17% RDA
- Calcium: 36% RDA
- Iron: 10% RDA
I would love to know if you try this chocolate chunky monkey smoothie – please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!