When I first stumbled upon goji berries several years ago I couldn’t believe how delicious they were considering the nutritional punch they pack. Goji’s put the “super” in superfood. Not only are they great on their own, in salads, trail mixes, and teas, but – you guessed it – in smoothies!
Goji berries have become quite popular in the world of health and nutrition, and for good reason. Considered a superior Chinese tonic herb, these little guys are pure nutrition. Here are a few reasons why consuming goji berries on a regular basis is in everyone’s best interest.
- Antioxidant powerhouse
- Complete protein – contain 19 different amino acids and all 8 essential amino acids
- Trace minerals galore
- Longevity and Anti-Aging superfood
- Boost immune function
- Increase alkalinity and vitality
- Improve eyesight and blood quality
- Stimulate the body to produce more HGH naturally
For more information, click here to read my article on this lovely superfood.
When people ask me how they can start eating healthier, goji berries are one of the first foods I recommend. Most kids approve of them as well, and we all know getting kids to eat healthy can sometimes be a challenge. If you enjoy goji berries even half as much as I do you’ll love this smoothie recipe.
Go-Go Goji Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder or nibs (chocolate goes great with goji berries)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or chia seed gel
Place the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 31g
- Vitamin A: 160% RDA
- Vitamin C: 69% RDA
- Calcium: 2% RDA
- Iron: 14% RDA
Please leave a comment below if you try this go-go goji berry smoothie. Happy Blending!