What a delightful treat this was for breakfast this morning. Rich, creamy, and full of flavor and good nutrition.
Peanut butter has a special place in my heart. Without it I never would have made it through college. Peanut butter sandwiches were the foundation of my diet. If only I knew then what I know now :)
Thankfully, peanut butter is a healthy food with some nice health benefits such as:
- Good source of protein (2 tablespoons contains about 7 grams) and healthy fats
- Calories from protein and fat keep you satiated, less likely to reach for a snack, and provide ample fuel for your daily activities
- High in potassium, magnesium, and vitamin E (think antioxidants)
- Good source of fiber
- Heart friendly
The peanut butter I consumed in college wasn’t organic, which I recommend now, but surely better than cafeteria food and Ramen noodles.
I made this smoothie without any add-ons. Next time I’ll be adding cacao to experience that chocolate and peanut butter synergy. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Kefir Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup kefir
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder or nibs
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- For additional protein: 1 serving of your preferred protein powder or 1 tablespoon gelatin
- Any other healthy ingredients you have on hand
Place all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 472
- Fat: 35g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 11g
- Vitamin E: 27% RDA
- Vitamin K: 26% RDA
- Calcium: 22% RDA
- Iron: 6% RDA
I’d love to know if you try this peanut butter kefir smoothie – please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!
Comments are closed.