After my first two sips of this smoothie one word came to mind: fantabulous :)
Not only is this one delicious smoothie, it’s creamy and has a nice mouth feel. Definitely a keeper that I’ll be making again.
This is the kind of smoothie I like to make for dessert or as a treat, a nutritious and healthy treat that is.
The idea for this recipe came from a site dedicated to Greek yogurt, therefore I’m going to focus its health benefits. Here are some of the top health benefits of good old Greek yogurt:
- Good natural source of protein. A 6-ounce serving contains 15 to 20 grams.
- Greek yogurt is rich in beneficial bacteria or probiotics. These friendly flora are essential to proper digestion, assimilation of nutrients, and immune system functioning.
- Good source of calcium that’s more easily absorbed due to the beneficial bacteria or live cultures.
- Greek yogurt has 40% less sugar and 38% less sodium than most traditional yogurt.
For more information on Greek yogurt, I suggest you head on over to Greek Yogurt Paradise.
If you want to check out the original recipe I was inspired by: Greek Yogurt Pina Colada Smoothie.
I made this smoothie without a sweetener. The pineapple provided plenty of sweetness for my taste. Enjoy!
Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used raw milk)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 3 – 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes or shreds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup spinach, kale, or other leafy green
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 26g
- Vitamin A: 14% RDA
- Vitamin C: 132% RDA
- Calcium: 33% RDA
- Iron: 3% RDA
I’d love to know if you try this pina colada smoothie and how you liked it. Please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!
Comments are closed.