Treat yourself to this tropical, delicious, fruity, healthy, quick and easy to make smoothie.
This recipe comes not from my own kitchen experimentation, but rather a loyal reader and smoothie enthusiast. Thanks, Corinne!
I tend to get carried away with the ingredients when concocting my smoothies; so it was nice to blend up a tasty treat that only contained four ingredients. Sometimes simple is best.
A few health benefits you’ll derive from this smoothie:
- Immune system booster
- Great for digestion and elimination
- Provides antioxidant protection
- Good for your bones
- Supports the health of your eyes
- Rich in an array of vitamins and minerals, in particular vitamin C, manganese, and potassium
The original recipe from Corinne called for frozen yogurt. I substituted an organic maple syrup flavored one. Feel free to use your preferred yogurt. Enjoy!
Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, flakes or shreds
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1 serving of your preferred protein powder
- 1 tablespoon superfood such as cacao, maca, goji berries, and/or bee pollen
Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 29g
- Vitamin A: 10% RDA
- Vitamin C: 140% RDA
- Calcium: 35% RDA
- Iron: 6% RDA
I’d love to know if you tried this pineapple banana smoothie and what you thought of it – please do tell in the comments below – and don’t forget to thank Corinne for the recipe. Happy Blending!