For some reason it took me a while to try an avocado in my smoothie, but now it’s one of my favorite ingredients. Avocados give your smoothie a rich and creamy consistency while providing an array of health benefits.
Here are a few avocado health highlights.
- Rich in antioxidants including Lutein, an eye friendly antioxidant
- Studies have shown the monounsaturated fats in avocados help reduce cholesterol
- Provides a good amount of soluble and insoluble fiber
- Contains healthy fats and is an underrated source of protein
Now for the creamy avocado smoothie recipe, which I find keeps me satiated for hours. Enjoy!
Creamy Avocado Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut shreds, flakes, or raw meat
- 1 serving of your favorite chocolate protein powder (I prefer Sun Warrior)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Fresh mint leaves or mint oil
- 1/2 cup frozen berries of choice
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder and/or nibs
- 1 serving of your preferred green superfood powder
Place all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 22g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 13g
- Vitamin A: 10% RDA
- Vitamin C: 17% RDA
- Calcium: 31% RDA
- Iron: 37% RDA
I would love to know if you try this creamy avocado smoothie – please leave a comment below. Happy Blending!