Take a trip to tropical paradise with this delicious and highly nutritious fruit smoothie.
Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this recipe is a great way to start your day, or as a healthy snack or dessert.
All of the ingredients in this smoothie are healthy, but acai is in a class of its own as a legitimate superfood. While researching the health benefits of acai I came across one article that thoroughly encapsulated the magic of this super berry.
It’s by Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND. Below is his list of the top 12 health benefits, to read the full article, see 12 Health Benefits of Acai Berries.
- Hearth Health
- Resistant to Harmful Organisms
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Promotes Skin Health
- Helps with Digestive Upset
- Anti-Allergenic Substance
- Improved Cellular Health
- May Help Fight Cancer
- Anti-Aging Effects
- Energy Boost
- Better Sex
- Improves Mental Function
Not bad for a little purple berry from the rainforest. BTW, buying acai (and cacao) helps support the rainforests.
I like acai juice and powder, but prefer frozen acai puree for my smoothies. The best brand I’ve come across for the acai puree is amafruits.com. I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do.
Tropical Acai Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) frozen acai puree, 1 tablespoon acai powder, or 2 tablespoons acai juice
- 1/2 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 1 cup spinach or kale (go green)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes or shreds
- 1 serving of your preferred protein powder
Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 17g
- Vitamin A: 15% RDA
- Vitamin C: 74% RDA
- Calcium: 3% RDA
- Iron: 2% RDA
I’d love to know if you tried this tropical acai smoothie – please do tell in the comments below. Happy Blending!