Apple pie is one of my favorite desserts. Although it often leaves me feeling guilty after eating because I know it’s not that healthy.
This smoothie solves that problem. Think of drinking a delicious slice (or two) of apple pie that’s loaded with good nutrition leaving you feeling good about yourself after consuming.
That’s the beauty of many smoothie recipes, you can transform an otherwise unhealthy food into something that’s highly nutritious and tastes just as good, if not better.
There’s obviously apple in this recipe, and we all know an apple a day keeps the doctor away; so I’m going to focus on the health benefits of each of the three spices this recipe calls for.
- High in antioxidants that reduce free radicals throughout the body
- Helps alleviate anxiety and reduce stress
- Boosts metabolism and can therefore help with weight loss
- Known to stimulate sexual desire
- Helps with nausea
- Helps alleviate headaches including migraines
- Shown to lower bad cholesterol
- Antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties
- Boosts memory and cognitive function (just from smelling)
- Offers relief from arthritis
- Great for healthy and smooth skin
- Helps with inflammation and relief from pain
- Well known brain tonic
- Good for digestive issues such as constipation, bloating, or diarrhea
- Helps detox our liver and kidneys
Hmm, it seems I need to incorporate these spices into more of my smoothies, and diet!
If you dig this recipe, you’re bound to like the Apple Cobbler Smoothie as well. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- A dash of Celtic sea salt
- 3-5 ice cubes (optional)
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- A dash of ground ginger, or a small slice of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 serving vanilla Sun Warrior protein
Load all the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 21g
- Vitamin A: 12% RDA
- Vitamin C: 14% RDA
- Calcium: 36% RDA
- Iron: 13% RDA
I’d love to hear what you think of this delicious Apple Pie smoothie in the comments below. Happy Blending!