Ditch the sugary candy and satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy treat. Most kids will love this smoothie; so give their little bodies a break from the Halloween sugar overload :)
Growing up Halloween was my favorite holiday because of my insatiable sweet tooth. Now I cringe thinking about how much candy I would consume this time of year.
It’s pretty much inevitable that children are going to eat some candy. Although, you can mitigate the damage by replacing some of that candy with this healthy and delicious alternative.
If this smoothie doesn’t appeal to you, there’s over 100 others on my site to choose from.
If only I could hand out mini-smoothies when trick-or-treaters come knocking.
If you use ice cubes and a frozen banana the consistency of this smoothie will be rather thick, almost pudding like, which is how I like it. Enjoy!
Healthy Halloween Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup almond, coconut, hemp, or raw milk
- 1 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or chia seed gel
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter
- 3 – 6 ice cubes (optional)
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder and/or nibs
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
Load the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 17g
- Vitamin A: 13% RDA
- Vitamin C: 17% RDA
- Calcium: 38% RDA
- Iron: 12% RDA
I’d love to hear what you think of this Halloween smoothie in the comments below. Happy Blending!