Say that one more time, in your head or out loud, “chocolate banana strawberry smoothie”. Sounds pretty delicious, right?
This smoothie tastes so good you’ll have to remind yourself more than once that it’s also very healthy. If I ever create a dessert smoothie category this will be the first smoothie I add.
I’m sure you want to skip ahead to the recipe and make this smoothie right away, and I don’t blame you, but I’ll list a few of the health benefits for those who are interested.
- Heart Healthy: Bananas, strawberries, and cacao are all excellent for cardiovascular health. The potassium and fiber in bananas, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action of strawberries, and theobromine in cacao all contribute to a healthy heart.
- Antioxidants: As mentioned for strawberries, bananas and even more so cacao all combine to deliver a good dose of these free radical scavengers.
- Digestion and Elimination: The fiber from the fruit help move things along, if you know what I mean.
- Brainy: Cacao and cinnamon contain nutrients that enhance cognitive function.
- Stabilize: Strawberries and cinnamon both help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Nutrients: Last, but not least, the ingredients in this smoothie are loaded with vitamins and minerals that support over all good health.
You’ll also get added nutrition from the milk you use for this recipe. I went with raw goat milk – other healthy milk options such as almond, coconut, and hemp are just as good. Enjoy!
Chocolate Banana Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder and/or nibs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 serving chocolate Sun Warrior protein powder (optional – feel free to substitute preferred protein)
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon maca
- 1 cup spinach, kale, or other leafy veggie to go green
Place all of the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 33g
- Vitamin A: 6% RDA
- Vitamin C: 158% RDA
- Calcium: 34% RDA
- Iron: 7% RDA
I’d love to hear what you think of this decadent chocolate banana strawberry smoothie in the comments below. Happy Blending!
Comments are closed.