This is currently my go to smoothie recipe when I need protein that’s easy to digest and assimilate. I like to consume half before and the other half after working out. It’s also great for breakfast and provides your brain with plenty of protein to function properly throughout the day.
Not everyone has access to raw milk (cow or goat), or chooses to consume dairy, therefore almond and coconut milk can be substituted. If you have access to raw milk, but haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend you do some research and consider giving it a whirl. Look for a blog post in the future covering all of the health benefits attributed to raw milk.
Raw eggs are called for in this recipe, which some people may be reluctant to add due to concerns over salmonella. Find a local farmer who raises chickens humanely and put those fears to rest.
Here’s a great resource for finding local farmers and anything else local you can possibly think of:
Now for the dairy lovers protein packed smoothie recipe. Enjoy!
Dairy Lovers Protein Packed Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup raw milk (substitute almond or coconut)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 raw eggs (preferably local and organic)
- 1 servings of your favorite protein powder (I prefer chocolate Sun Warrior)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or chia seed gel
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon coconut shreds or flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
Place all the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend on high for about 45 seconds until desired consistency is reached.
- Calories: 577
- Fat: 37g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 17g
- Vitamin A: 15% RDA
- Vitamin C: 17% RDA
- Calcium: 40% RDA
- Iron: 47% RDA
Leave a comment below if you try dairy lovers protein packed smoothie, or have a variation of your own to share. Happy Blending!